All companies must improve their sales and now the strategy that seems to work best is through campaigns on google adwords or facebook. But beware, if your website is not prepared to be part of the gear will these new customers to your company, Google will penalize you by placing your site in a lower position than it should actually occupy. This translates into the potential loss of prospects and customers.
Google can penalize your website
This are some reasons for a google penalty
1. Duplicate content. Hopefully this one’s obvious: any duplicate content on your site makes it less useful in Google’s view, and that could result in a penalty. Make sure your content is unique and well-written.
2. Footer links. Some web designers use footer links as a navigational aid; some try to manipulate PageRank by using the footer as a place to pass link juice unnaturally.
3. Missing sitemap data. Google uses the XML sitemap to parse your site’s structure and learn how it’s put together. Make sure your XML sitemap is available and up-to-date.
4. Hidden content. Less ethical optimization tactics include disguising text on a page to manipulate the theme or keyword weighting. It goes without saying that this is a big no-no.
5.Website timing out or down. When a website goes down, everyone gets upset: the visitor, the webmaster and the search engine. If Google can’t find your site, it would rather de-index it rather than keep sending visitors to a dead end.
What should I do?
Preparation for the digital strategy should be from the end of the string to the beginning:
1. Train staff to attend calls and chat
2. Prepare the website to receive visits from Google and Facebook
3. Set the ultimate goal of the strategy (‘any sales of goods and services account creation ?,?, ¿Likes acquisition emails ?,?)
4. Analysis and design of the strategy
5. Launch and management of digital strategy
While all the above points are important and are part of this gear, it is the second, in which Google can become the best ally or in a great enemy. For example, if the website is not adaptable to mobile devices ( responsive) automatically diminishes the ranking, placing your result in a lower position. Another important feature is the arrangement of buttons or elements of user interaction, if the page is not “comfortable” for the visitor Google also punish you. These are just a few examples of how Google indexes and organizes the results, so before investing in digital media advertising, make sure that your website is in good condition. Otherwise you can join the ranks of those who invest much and earn little.